The EA Sports UFC 5 gameplay and features trailer has arrived as lead producer Nate McDonald and UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier go over all the details.
REAL IMPACT SYSTEM
What makes an MMA fight? It’s the stakes, technique, drama, and pure reality of the moment. UFC 5 captures that in more authentic detail than ever before, from next-generation graphics upgrades that give gameplay animations new life, damage systems that marry the brutality and strategy of the fight game, gameplay updates that make the action feel even more fluid and realistic, and much more.
For the first time in franchise history, the Frostbite engine powers EA SPORTS UFC, bringing unrivaled graphics upgrades for console games. From dynamic lighting and overhauled character fidelity to realistic strand hair and cloth animations — Frostbite helps bring the action in the Octagon to life.
ONLINE CAREER MODE
Players asked for it; we answered. Online Career includes skill-based matchmaking, division progression, and title chases across four divisions. Players can compete with a different Created Fighter in each division, allowing players to showcase multiple character customizations and Vanity Items.
- Authentic Damage – Cuts, bruising, and swelling accumulate based on the damage you inflict–and take–including over 64,000 possible combinations of facial damage that is rendered in more detail than ever before, realistically affecting character attributes.
- Doctor’s Checks and Stoppages – Authentic damage comes with authentic results. If the player sustains a significant injury—like a broken nose or swollen eye—the ref can now step in, pause the action, and get the ringside doctor to inspect the damage.
- New Strikes and Hit Reactions – Introducing all-new animations for ground and pound elbows, spinning attacks, and several other punches, kicks, knees, and elbows. Plus, new striking animations emulate heavy hitters, professional kickboxers, and more.
- Seamless Submissions – A revamped extension of the existing grappling systems brings faster animations and the removal of mini-games. The new submissions offer a smoother, more authentic ground game that is sure to be a grappler’s delight.
- Fight Week – UFC 5 is truly an extension of the UFC fan experience, and there’s no better example than the all-new Fight Week challenges, features, and content that connect them with blockbuster UFC cards in a way that’s never been done before.
- Progression and Rewards – Play the game to earn your way through a set of predetermined rewards, including in-game currency, player profile customizations, created fighter Vanity Items, and Alter Egos. In addition, completing Profile Challenges rewards players with XP that levels up their Punch Card’s earning capability.
- Online Career Mode – Players asked for it; we answered. Online Career includes skill-based matchmaking, division progression, and title chases across four divisions. Players can compete with a different Created Fighter in each division, allowing players to showcase multiple character customizations and Vanity Items.
- Frostbite Engine – For the first time in franchise history, the Frostbite™ engine powers EA SPORTS UFC, bringing unrivaled graphics upgrades for console games. From dynamic lighting and overhauled character fidelity to realistic strand hair and cloth animations — Frostbite helps bring the action in the Octagon to life.
- Cinematic K.O. Replay – Harnessing the power of Frostbite, players can rewatch their finishing blows in stunning visual fidelity. Captured in super slow motion with cinematic camera angles and lighting, the impact of fight-ending shots looks more authentic — and beautiful — than ever, as blood flies and flesh bruises, turning your devastating knockout into a work of art.
- Visual Effects – It’s all about impact. Improved fidelity means when fighters absorb strikes, the results show on their face and body in an authentic, wince-inducing fashion. Plus, all new fluid physics and particle systems make blood and sweat drip and spray as it does during the heat of the action in the Octagon.
- Authentic Finishes – From newly added draws in offline and online play to realistic updates to how the ref steps in to save a downed fighter from too much ground-and-pound; the number of ways a fight can end has grown in number and authenticity in UFC 5.
The EA Sports UFC 5 Standard Edition is scheduled to release on October 27 for $69.99 on both Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. The Deluxe Edition and the 10 hour EA Play trial arrives three days earlier on August 24. Check out the pre-order bonuses below.